Saturday 17 April 2010

If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans*

*Woody Allen


"AT A DECISIVE MOMENT in the film The Dark Knight, when Harvey Dent transforms into chance-obsessed Two Face, the Joker, clad in a nurse’s uniform, looms above the maimed politician’s hospital bed. “Do I really look like a guy with a plan, Harvey?” he asks. “I don’t have a plan. The Mob has plans, the cops have plans.” He continues, reflecting on the plans at work all around them: You know what I am, Harvey? I’m a dog chasing cars. I wouldn’t know what to do with one if I caught it. I just dothings. I’m just the wrench in the gears. I hate plans. Yours, theirs, everyone’s. Maroni has plans. Gordon has plans: schemers trying to control their worlds. I’m not a schemer; I show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are."
Nathan Schneider, Divine Wilderness. In triplecanopy

[Image: From The Dark Knight by Christopher Nolan, courtesy of Warner Brothers].

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin